When choosing siding for your home, vinyl has long been a popular choice due to its durability and low maintenance. However, a variation of vinyl siding takes its performance to the next level: insulated vinyl siding. But what exactly is insulated vinyl siding, and why should you consider it for your home?
Insulated vs. Non-Insulated Vinyl Siding
The key difference between insulated and non-insulated vinyl siding lies in the additional insulation layer. Insulated vinyl siding features a layer of contoured expanded polystyrene (EPS) insulation that is permanently adhered to the siding. This layer of rigid insulation provides numerous benefits that traditional vinyl siding cannot match.
Benefits of Insulated Vinyl Siding
The benefits of insulated vinyl siding are numerous, but the top six include:
- Energy Savings: The additional layer in insulated vinyl siding can better help regulate your home’s temperature. The insulation acts as a barrier to help keep the cold out in winter and the heat out in summer, reducing energy consumption and lowering utility bills.
- Enhanced Comfort: With improved insulation, your home becomes more comfortable year-round. Say goodbye to drafts and temperature extremes as insulated vinyl siding helps maintain a consistent indoor climate.
- Durability: The added insulation protects your home from the elements and may make the siding more impact-resistant. Sequoia Select EnFusion Insulated Siding is 400% more impact-resistant than conventional siding and can withstand winds up to a Category 5 Hurricane rating.
- Appearance: Insulated vinyl siding comes in a wide range of colours, allowing you to achieve the look you desire for your home’s exterior. Sequoia Select EnFusion Insulated Siding maintains its appearance over time, resisting fading and warping.
- Low Maintenance: Like traditional vinyl siding, the insulated version requires minimal maintenance. Insulated vinyl siding will never require painting or staining, and it’s resistant to rot and pests.
- Noise Reduction: The added insulation may also help dampen exterior noises, creating a quieter and more peaceful indoor environment.
Insulated vinyl siding is an investment in your home’s comfort, energy efficiency, and overall durability of the exterior. While it may have a slightly higher upfront cost than non-insulated vinyl siding, the long-term benefits make it a smart choice for homeowners looking to enhance their homes’ aesthetics and performance.