Whether you’re staying, moving or just trying to make the neighbours jealous, now is the time to upgrade your home’s curb appeal, but it doesn’t have to cost a lot of money. Sometimes, it’s just a little TLC.
It’s all the little things that make your home even more attractive.
- Pull out the garden hose and give your siding a good scrub.
- Make sure your windows, screens, and doors are sparkling clean.
- Keep your gardens looking great with beautiful seasonal flowers. Adding cedar mulch on flowerbed adds a clean finishing touch to your gardens. Think contrasting colours too – natural, black, warm red or other stain options are available to match your exterior home colour.
- If you have a porch or balcony add a wicker chair and small table.
- Maintain your driveway and walkways… nothing is more unwelcoming than cracked and chipped pavement and cement.
- Your lawn may need special attention, especially in the heat of summer. Watering, trimming and cutting makes a world of difference.
- Repaint your front door with a fresh new colour. Make sure you choose colour that compliments the body of your home.
- Great lightning up walkways and on your house makes your home very welcoming to visitors.
- Make sure your house numbers are easily seen and clean. Change them up or polish them, it makes them more visible from the street.
- Don’t forget the doormats – they make a welcoming entrance and should be changed up periodically for all doors that lead to your home.
Other things to consider for attention are a clean garage, patios and outdoor entertainment areas and yes, even “good neighbourly” fences need maintenance.
Giving your home more “curb appeal” can be a bit of work, but the results are oh so worth it…enjoy.